Do you want to become a data visualization and business intelligence (BI) whiz? Perhaps you are unsure which visualization to choose, or how to extract insights from your data. Whatever the reason – this course on Mastering Tableau from Scratch will get you there!
Tableau is the gold standard when it comes to building industry-level dashboards and performing elite-level storyboarding. In fact, Tableau has changed the way industries analyze and present data. No longer do we have to stick to static spreadsheet charts – we can now build interactive and beautiful visualizations and dashboards and share them within your organization in seconds!
Tableau has been recognized as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms for 7 straight years. Here’s Gartner’s most recent ranking in 2019:
By the end of this comprehensive Tableau course, you will be able to quickly convert your data into actionable insights, create dashboards to impress your clients, and learn Tableau tips, tricks and best practices in your day-to-day role.
Key Takeaways from the ‘Mastering Tableau from Scratch: Become a Data Visualization' Rockstar Course
- Understand the importance and impact of creating effective data visualizations
- Learn how Tableau works from scratch
- We will cover the various aspects of Tableau:
- The different fields and parameters in Tableau
- How to import different kinds of data in Tableau
- The wide variety of charts in Tableau, including line charts, bubble charts, waterfall charts, geo-location charts, among many others
- How to choose the right visualization for your data
- Dual-Axis charts – What are they and why are they so effective?
- Create Excel-like calculated fields in Tableau
- Learn how to build high-quality dashboards in Tableau for the industry
- Master storyboarding in Tableau and create engaging presentations
- Perform feature engineering in Tableau!
- Become familiar with data manipulation in Tableau with the JOIN and Blend features
- Tableau tips, tricks and best practices.
This course requires no prior knowledge about Tableau or any other data visualization tool. You will learn all of this, including how Tableau works, from scratch!
- The Power of Visualization FREE PREVIEW
- What is Data Visualization and Why Should we Use it FREE PREVIEW
- Exercise - Definition of Data Visualization
- Hans Rosling - 200 Countries 200 Years 4 Minutes FREE PREVIEW
- 4 Key Elements of Effective Data Visualizations FREE PREVIEW
- Exercise - Identify and Explain your Favorite Visualization
- Knowing Each Other
- The Tableau Range of Products
- The 5 Tableau Products you should Know
- Installing Tableau Desktop on your System
- Installing Tableau Public on your System
- Difference Between Tableau Server and Tableau Online
- Navigating the Tableau Interface (Part 1)
- Navigating the Tableau Interface (Part 2)
- Connecting to Data Sources in Tableau
- Understanding the Problem Statement
- Exercise - Hypothesis Generation
- Download the Superstore Dataset
- Loading the Dataset and Getting Familiar with the Variables
- Build your First Visualization in Tableau!
- Exercise - Modify your Visualization for Superstore
- Hands-On with Labels and Formatting
- Playing Around with Colors
- Using Filters to Build a Pivot Structure in Tableau
- Exercise - Design State and Segment Wise Pivot
- Exporting your Tableau Worksheet
- The Different Chart Types in Tableau
- Line Charts - Working with Time Series Data
- Building Line Charts in Tableau
- Exercise - Sales of Each Category Month-by-Month
- Generating Map Visualizations for Geospatial Analysis
- Map Visualizations in Tableau
- Exercise - Sales by City Analysis
- Bar Charts, Histograms, Scatter Plots, Bubble Charts, Pie Charts
- Dual Axis Charts in Tableau
- Date Dual Axis Charts in Tableau
- Exercise - Different Chart Types for the Leadership Team
- What are Calculated Fields?
- Feature Engineering in Tableau - Average Shipping Time
- Exercise - Number of Orders per State
- Calculating the Average Order Value
- Average Order Value for Product Sub-Categories
- Exercise - Create new Features for Superstore
- What are Parameters in Tableau?
- Using Parameters to find Top N Customers
- Using Parameters to Analyze Superstore's Variable Values
- Exercise - Sales and Profit Parameters
- Joins and their Different Types in Tableau
- Performing Data Joining in Tableau
- What is Blending? How is it Different from Joins?
- Blending Data in Tableau
- Download the Coffee Chain Dataset
- Introduction to Dashboards and their Use Cases
- Reading Material - Dashboards in Tableau
- Designing your First Dashboard in Tableau
- Using Parameters to Create Dynamic Dashboards
- Exercise - Design a Region-Level Dashboard
- How to Upload your Work to the Tableau Public Gallery
- Designing the Blueprint for a Multi-Dashboard View to Analyze Sales
- Building Multiple Interlinked Dashboards in Tableau for our Business
- The Art of Storytelling
- 3-Step Storytelling Framework
- Sketching the Story Blueprint
- Profits by Region Analysis using Storyboard in Tableau
- Exercise - Sales and Profit by Segment using Storyboards in Tableau
- Capstone Project - Problem Statement and Dataset
Pranav is the Senior Content Strategist and BA Program Lead at Analytics Vidhya. He has written over 300 articles for AV in the last 3 years and brings a wealth of experience and writing know-how to this course. He has a decade of experience in designing courses, creating content and writing articles that people love to read. Pranav is also an instructor on 14+ courses on Analytics Vidhya and is a passionate sports analytics blogger as well.
Who should take the Mastering Tableau from Scratch: Become a Data Visualization Rockstar’ course?
This course is meant for people looking to learn Tableau and how to make or improve their data visualizations. We will start from scratch so nothing is assumed in this course.
Do I need to install any Tableau software before starting the course?
If you have Tableau Desktop installed, then you’re good to go. You can download a 14-day trial version as well to see how it works. Otherwise, the Tableau Public application (which is free) is good enough to learn what we will cover here. Don’t worry, we will cover all of this in the course.
Do I need to take modules in a specific order?
We would recommend taking the course in the order in which it has been designed to gain the maximum knowledge from it.
How long can I access the Mastering Tableau from Scratch: Become a Data Visualization Rockstar course?
You will be able to access the course material for six months since the start of the course.
What is the refund policy?
The fee for the Mastering Tableau from Scratch is non-refundable.