Microsoft Excel is the gold standard in data analysis tools. There’s no question about it - industry experts, professionals and evetrans still lean heavily on Excel’s prowess and Swiss Army Knife nature to slice and dice their data.
Whether you’re looking to perform quick data analysis or an in-depth dissection of your project, Microsoft Excel is the first tool you’ll look at. The incredible array of formulas and functions Excel offers is unparalleled in the industry.
You’ll find people at all levels in organizations pouring over Excel spreadsheets, from data analysts and business analysts to C-suite executives and data scientists.
The one thing that has separated Excel from all other tools is the incredibly in-depth nature of the formulas and functions it offers. From arithmetic to logical functions, from Date and Time to Text functions, and of course, the marvellous LookUp functions (VLookUp and HLookUp) - you’ll need to have these handy when you’re working on real-world analytics projects.
This course is for anyone who:
- Wants to learn Microsoft Excel
- Wants to brush up their Excel skills, from beginner to intermediate
- Is looking to master Excel formulas and functions from basic to advanced
- Wants to get started with data analysis
- Is looking to start their business analytics or data science journey
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A working laptop/desktop with 4 GB RAM
- A working Internet connection
- Microsoft Excel installed on your machine
That’s it! You’re all set to learn Microsoft Excel!
- Welcome to the Course!
- Instructor Introduction
- Getting Started with Excel Formulas
- Paste Special & Format Painter
- DateTime Function
- Find & Search
- Replace & Substitute
- Text and Value
- Sum, Product, Mod, Sqrt, Fact
- Round, RoundUp, Rounddown, SumIFS
- Present Value and Future Value
- NPV and IRR
- Financial Functions in Excel
- Vlookup and Hlookup
- AND, OR, NOT, ISERROR, ISNUMBER, ISBLANK, ISTEST
- IF, IFERROR
- Count, Counta, Countblank, Countifs
- Mean, Median, Mode, Std, Rank, Quartiles, Corr
- CBAP: Certified Business Analytics Program
Analytics Vidhya provides a community based knowledge portal for Analytics and Data Science professionals. The aim of the platform is to become a complete portal serving all knowledge and career needs of Data Science Professionals.
Who should take the Microsoft Excel: Formulas and Functions course?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn about the different formulas and functions in Microsoft Excel.
Do I need to install any software before starting the course?
You will need to have Microsoft Excel installed in your machine.
Do I need to take the modules in any specific order?
We would highly recommend taking the course in the order in which it has been designed to gain the maximum knowledge from it.
What is the fee for the course?
This course is free of cost.
I have decent programming experience but no background in data analysis. Is this course right for me?
Absolutely! We have designed and taught this course in a way that caters to beginners coming from any background. We assume no prior Excel or data analysis knowledge - we cover everything from scratch in this course.