Why pursue Data Science:
- Data Science is the hottest field in the industry right now
- Data Scientists are one of the most demanded professionals
- There are so many data science algorithms to build predictive models, such as linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees and random forests. Keep learning, keep growing!
- The potential of data science is limitless - spanning across industries, roles and functions
What will you learn in the ‘Introduction to Data Science’ course?
- Understand what data science is
- The various and diverse applications of data science
- Common data science terminologies
- Python for data science – the most popular data science programming language
- Python from scratch – no previous programming experience required!
- Understand how to use Jupyter Notebooks for data science
- Get familiar with popular Python libraries for data science like Pandas and NumPy
- Core Statistics for data science - Descriptive Statistics and Inferential Statistics
- Measures of central tendency - mean, median, mode
- Standard deviation
- Outlier detection
- Hypothesis Testing
- Confidence Intervals & margin of error
- Chi-squared test
- Probability concepts for data science
- Introduction to Probability
- Central Limit Theorem
- Bernoulli Trials
- Introduction to core machine learning algorithms for data science
- Types of predictive models in data science
- Overview of end-to-end data science process
- Data extraction and data cleaning
- Basics of machine learning model building
- Linear regression
- Logistic regression
- Decision trees
- Random forests
- And much, much more!
- Plenty of hands-on examples and multiple real-world industry-relevant data science projects
Ideal way to start your Data Science Journey
Introduction to Data Science course has been created keeping a data science beginner in mind. This course provides everything you need to start your journey in data science.
Easy to understand content
The biggest challenge beginners face is that most of the courses explain data science as a difficult mathematical subject. Not us! We simplify data science and machine learning with easy to understand videos and help you build intuition on data science concepts.
All the material in this course was created by Analytics Vidhya instructors who bring in immense experience of data science with them. All our instructors have years of experience in data science and analytics.
Entire course has been vetted and created along with experts from data science industry. This ensures relevance in industry and enabling you with the content which matters the most.
Real life projects and problems
All projects in the course are based on real life data science problems. No academic datasets are bring used to ensure that you are ready for real life problems.
This course requires no past knowledge about Data Science or any tool.
- Brief Introduction to Python
- Introduction to Python test
- Installing Python
- Installation steps for Mac
- Installation steps for Linux
- Installation steps for Windows
- Theory of Operators
- Understanding Operators in Python
- Operators test