Do you want to enter the field of Data Science? Are you intimidated by the coding you would need to learn? Are you looking to learn Python to switch to a data science career?
You have come to just the right place!
- Most industry experts recommend starting your Data Science journey with Python
- Across biggest companies and startups, Python is the most used language for Data Science and Machine Learning Projects
- Stackoverflow survey for 2019 had Python outrank Java in the list of most loved languages
Python is a very versatile language since it has a wide array of functionalities already available. The sheer range of functionalities might sound too exhaustive and complicated, you don’t need to be well-versed with them all.
Most data scientists have a few go-to libraries for their daily tasks like:
- for performing data cleaning and analysis - pandas
- for basic statistical tools – numpy, scipy
- for data visualization – matplotlib, seaborn
- Python has rapidly become the go-to language in the data science space and is among the first things recruiters search for in a data scientist's skill set.
- It consistently ranks top in global data science surveys and its widespread popularity will only keep on increasing in the coming years.
- Over the years, with strong community support, this language has obtained a dedicated library for data analysis and predictive modelling.
- Data Science is an amalgamation of Statistics, Computer Science and specific domain knowledge.
- As more and more data gets generated across the world, we need to leverage it to make decisions and improve them.
- A data scientist performs operations on the data provided to analyze and interpret it.
Many of the biggest and most popular companies use Python. Some of them are:
- Google, NASA, Amazon
- Social networking sites like Instagram, Reddit, Quora, etc
- Media streaming companies like Netflix and Spotify
- Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft
“Python has been an important part of Google since the beginning and remains so as the system grows and evolves. Today dozens of Google engineers use Python, and we are looking for more people with skills in this language.”
- Peter Norvig, Director of Research at Google Inc.
So get onboard the Data Science train by learning Python and upskill yourself!
- A working laptop / desktop with 4 GB RAM
- A working Internet connection
This is all it takes for you to learn one of the popular language in Data Science.
What are you waiting for?
- Overview of the Course
- A brief introduction to Python
- Introduction to Python Test
- Installing Python
- Theory of Operators
- Understanding Operators in Python
- Operators Test
- Understanding variables and data types
- Variable Test
- Variables and Data Types in Python
- Understanding Conditional Statements
- Implementing Conditional Statements in Python
- Conditional Statements test
- Understanding Looping Constructs
- Implementing Looping Constructs in Python
- Looping Constructs test
- Understanding Functions
- Implementing Functions in Python
- Functions test
- A brief introduction to data structure
- Data Structure test
- Understanding the concept of Lists
- Lists test
- Implementing Lists in Python
- Understanding the concept of Dictionaries
- Implementing Dictionaries in Python
- Dictionaries test
- Understanding the concept of Standard Libraries
- Libraries test
- Reading a CSV File in Python - Introduction to Pandas
- Reading a CSV file in Python: Implementation
- Reading a csv file in Python test
- Understanding dataframes and basic operations
- DataFrames and basic operations test
- Reading dataframes and conduct basic operations in Python
- Reading dataframes and conduct basic operations in Python Test
- Indexing a Dataframe
- Indexing DataFrames test
- Sorting Dataframes
- Merging Dataframes
- Quiz: Sorting and Merging dataframes
- Apply function
- Aggregating data
- Quiz: Apply function and Aggregating data
- Basics of Matplotlib
- Data Visualization using Matplotlib
- Quiz: Matplotlib
- Basics of Seaborn
- Data Visualization using Seaborn
- Quiz: Seaborn
- Understanding Regular Expressions
- Quiz: Regular Expressions
- Regular Expressions in Python
- Quiz: Regular Expressions in Python
- Cheatsheet for Python
- Python Coding Challenge
- Where to go from here?
Do I need to learn coding to learn Python?
If you are totally new to programming, no need to get intimidated by learning a whole new language.
Python is a very easy language to learn:
- It does not have a complicated syntax and understanding Python is very intuitive.
- You don’t need to be skilled in coding for getting started in Python.
This course is for beginners we will start right from the foundations to performing data analysis tasks in Python.
I am familiar with other Programming Languages like Java/C++. Will this course help me to migrate to Python?
Do you know that Python is essentially a wrapper on C? That is what makes it fast and easy to understand!
- Though Python has recently become popular amongst Data Scientists, it was originally a general-purpose language.
- Python is still object-oriented and follows many of the paradigms that Java does.
- So if you are familiar with the concepts of programming, you can migrate to Python easily with this course.
How much Python do I need to know to enter Data Science?
- Though Python has hundreds of libraries and many more functionalities, you don’t need to know all of them for learning Data Science
- Rather than becoming an expert in the entire language, you would need to just be acquainted with the basic syntax of Python.
- We will also cover the most popular libraries used by Data Scientists and which you would be using too as a future Data Scientist!
What if I don’t have Python installed on my system?
One of the best things about Python is the wide variety of platform that support writing it.
We will provide easy to follow instructions to work with Python using Anaconda, an extremely popular package manager platform. No matter what Operating System you are using, we have you covered with guides for all of them.
What are the most popular open-source libraries that Python supports?
- pandas, numpy, scipy, matlplotlib, seaborn are used for Data Science and Data Analysis
- scikit-learn, tensorflow, keras are used for basic and advanced machine learning
- libraries for deep learning like OpenCV(Computer Vision), NLTK(Natural Language Processing)
Will I be able to apply what I have learnt here to machine learning and data science projects?
- The Python for Data Science course is designed to help you completely understand Python and start using it immediately for Data Science projects.
- With regular assignments, quizzes and hands-on projects, you will be full equipped with the essential data science skillsets.
As I said above it was useful for my learning journey in python. thought I will receive the certificate, unfortunately, I haven't received. I would like to k...Read More
As I said above it was useful for my learning journey in python. thought I will receive the certificate, unfortunately, I haven't received. I would like to know the reason? thank you!Read Less
I have learned a lot from this free course. I could say that this is the best one for a python beginner like me I have seen. Well done guys.
I have learned a lot from this free course. I could say that this is the best one for a python beginner like me I have seen. Well done guys.Read Less
Course is informative, easy to understand and a must course for beginner.
Course is informative, easy to understand and a must course for beginner.Read Less
I enjoyed and gained from the course
I enjoyed and gained from the courseRead Less
python is the platform to access the mathematical models and concept of statistics ,probability and machine learning algorithms.learning python make us more ...Read More
python is the platform to access the mathematical models and concept of statistics ,probability and machine learning algorithms.learning python make us more productive in the computational fields of data science because data science is all about playing with the mathematical tools of modern mathematics.Read Less
I have successfully completed the course.I have experienced its online contents very much .The online contents and video lectures are really very good. I h...Read More
I have successfully completed the course.I have experienced its online contents very much .The online contents and video lectures are really very good. I have gathered lots of knowledge of python from this course. I recommend this course to others.Read Less
After months of Searching I found a helping academic resource on Python beginner.Its very nice but maybe a presentation on regular expressions.
After months of Searching I found a helping academic resource on Python beginner.Its very nice but maybe a presentation on regular expressions.Read Less
i am a lazy learner. this course is such an interesting one. Though i lost in between but as i continued to listen more, it became much more interesting.
i am a lazy learner. this course is such an interesting one. Though i lost in between but as i continued to listen more, it became much more interesting.Read Less
Thank you so much for organizing this amazing tutorial. I'm learning a lot of stuffs in a much easier way possible.
Thank you so much for organizing this amazing tutorial. I'm learning a lot of stuffs in a much easier way possible.Read Less
Who should take this course?
This course is for people who want to learn basic Python skills and get started with Data Science using Python
I have an experience of 2+ years, but no background in Data Science nor in Programming. Is the course right for me?
The course assumes no prior background in Data Science or programming. We cover the basics of programming and Data Science in this course comprehensively.
What is the fee for this course?
This course is free of cost.
How long would I have access to the “Python for Data Science” course?
Once you register, you will have 6-month access to complete the course. If you visit the course 6 months after your initial registration - you will need to enrol in the course again. Your past progress will be lost.
How much effort will this course take?
You can complete "Python for Data Science" course in a few hours. You are also expected to apply Python and learning of this course to perform basic data operations on data. The time taken in projects varies from person to person.
How can I apply and test my learnings about Python?
You can start by doing the tests at the end of various chapters. In addition, you can enroll for the Applied Machine Learning course to continue your Data Science and Machine Learning Journey.
Can I download the videos from this course?
We regularly update "Python for Data Science" course and hence do not allow for videos to be downloaded. You can visit this free course anytime to refer to these videos.
Which programming languages is used to teach this course?
This entire course uses Python(version 3) programming language and its open source libraries pandas, numpy, matplotlib and seaborn to teach you Data Science.
Do I get a certificate upon completion of the course?
No, there is no certificate for this course.