Knowledge of any programming language
Familiarity of working with any relational database
Familiarity of working with basic command line interface
Learning cloud computing skills is the need of the hour. And there’s no better platform or service than Amazon Web Services, popularly known as AWS.
AWS offers more than 200 fully featured services from launching a simple database to machine learning applications, from hosting a wordpress website to quantum computing you can do almost everything here.
Cloud computing on AWS can be a game changer for you whether you are an individual who just wants to upgrade your own data science skills or a leader who is looking to develop a data science team. This course on the fundamentals of AWS will help you build foundational skills using which you can achieve your cloud goals.
From launching a simple instance using EC2 and getting it ready for your machine learning projects, to defining custom web application firewalls, this AWS course will give you a solid understanding of how a data professional should learn and apply AWS skills.
Understand the need for Cloud Computing
Explore the concepts related to AWS Global Infrastructure
Understand the key factors before launching any resource on AWS
Learn about different types of cloud storage like EBS, EFS and S3 on AWS
Create your own virtual private network in AWS
Create custom security policies in AWS
Learn how to launch a database using AWS RDS
Explore the basics of DynamoDB and their role in AWS
Learn how to launch a Amazon Redshift cluster
Understand the basics of auto scaling and load balancing
- Create Virtual Private Network
- Custom IAM and S3 Bucket Policies
- EC2 Auto Scaling
- Load Balancer with Web Application Firewall
- Course Overview
- Course Handouts
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Key Concepts
- Deployment Models
- Quiz: Cloud Deployment Models
- Service Models
- Quiz: Service Models
- Benefits of using AWS
- How to create an account on AWS?
- Learning Path FREE PREVIEW
- Factors to Consider Before Launch
- Regions & Availability Zones
- Edge Points
- Quiz: AWS Global Infrastructure
- What is Amazon EC2?
- Instance Types
- Pricing Strategies
- AWS Pricing Calculator
- Launch Your First EC2 Instance on AWS
- Install Jupyter Notebook on Your EC2 Instance
- Quiz: EC2
- Amazon Machine Images
- How to Create AMIs?
- Compute Services in AWS
- Quiz: Compute Services in AWS
- Basic Concepts of Networking Part 1
- Basic Concepts of Networking Part 2
- Quiz: Networking
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- How to Create a VPC? (Part 1)
- How to Create a VPC? (Part 2)
- Quiz: VPC
- Network Access Control Lists (NACL)
- How to Create NACLs?
- Security Groups
- How to Create Security Groups?
- Quiz: NACL & Security Groups
- Shared Responsibility Model
- Identity & Access Management
- How to Create IAM User Account?
- Quiz: IAM
- IAM Policies
- How to Create IAM Policy?
- Quiz: IAM Policy
- IAM Groups
- How to Create IAM Groups?
- Security Services: AWS Shield & WAF
- Security Services: KMS & AWS Inspector
- Quiz: Security Services
- Different Types of Storage
- Quiz: Types of Storage
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS)
- How to use EBS on AWS?
- Quiz: Elastic Block Storage
- Amazon Elastic File System (EFS)
- How to use EFS on AWS?
- Quiz: Elastic File System
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- How to Create S3 Bucket?
- How to Create S3 Bucket using CLI?
- Installation Steps: AWS Command Line Interface
- S3 Bucket Policy
- S3 Storage Classes
- Quiz: S3
- S3 Lifecycle Policies
- How to define S3 Lifecycle Policy?
- IAM Roles
- How to define IAM Roles?
- Quiz: IAM Roles
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- How to launch MySQL using RDS?
- Connecting to MySQL
- Quiz: Amazon RDS
- Amazon Aurora
- How to launch Amazon Aurora using RDS?
- Quiz: Amazon Aurora
- Introduction to DynamoDB
- How to create a DynamoDB table?
- DynamoDB using Python
- Quiz: DynamoDB
- Use-Cases of DynamoDB
- What is a Data Warehouse?
- Quiz: Data Warehouse
- How Redshift Works?
- Quiz: Redshift
- Understanding Columnar Storage
- Quiz: Columnar Storage
- How to Create a Redshift Cluster?
- Query Editor on Redshift
- How to Load Data from S3 to Redshift?
- What is Auto Scaling?
- Project: Auto Scaling (Part 1)
- Project: Auto Scaling (Part 2)
- Quiz: Auto Scaling
- What is Load Balancing?
- Project: Load Balancer (Part 1: Configure the Instance)
- Project: Load Balancer (Part 2: Configure the Load Balancer)
- Project: Load Balancer (Part 3: Web Application Firewall)
- Quiz: Load Balancing
- Learning Path FREE PREVIEW
- Amazon CloudWatch
- How to create CloudWatch Dashboards?
- Setup CloudWatch Alarms
- Quiz: Cloudwatch
- Amazon CloudTrail
- How to use Amazon CloudTrail?
- How to create custom Trail?
- Quiz: Cloudtrail
- AWS Trusted Advisor
- How to use Trusted Advisor?
- What is Serverless Computing?
- How AWS Lambda Works?
- Creating APIs using Lambda Functions
- API with Parameters
- Best Practices with AWS Lambda
- Quiz: AWS Lambda
- AWS Pricing Concepts
- Billing Dashboard
- AWS Budgets
- How to Create an AWS Budget?
- AWS Cost Explorer
- Challenges Before Migration
- AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
- Cloud Migration Strategies
- Quiz: Migration Strategies
- AWS Snow Family
- Quiz: Snow Family
Pranav is a data scientist and Senior Editor for Analytics Vidhya. He has experience in data visualization and data science. Pranav has previously worked for a number of years in the learning and development field for a globally-known MNC. He brings a wealth of instructor experience to this course as he has taken multiple trainings on data science, statistics and presentation skills over the years. He is passionate about writing and has penned over 200 articles on data science for Analytics Vidhya.
Lakshay is a Computer Science Graduate from NorthCap University. He is currently working as a Data Engineer at Analytics Vidhya. He loves to explore the endless world of data engineering and also writes blogs related to model deployment, machine learning pipelines and big data tools like Spark. In the free time, Lakshay loves to do competitive programming